Ok, we are not afraid to admit it, we want to be Kayla Hollatz when we grow up. Seriously you guys, it is hard to put into words what this sweet soul brings to the table. Please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (literally), get to know this woman.
Kayla Hollatz is kindness, humility, intention, bravery, and excitement all rolled into one "coolest person on earth" ball. Her story is mesmerizing and her heart continually pours out from the most generous spirit. There is a light airy feel in the air when you first meet her but as soon as she begins speaking you experience the most beautiful depth and vulnerability. Can you tell yet that we are HUGE Kayla fans?
Kayla may not have countless birthdays behind her but her professional experience is anything but young. This chick has basically DONE IT ALL YALL. Kayla is a Minneapolis Copywriter, Ghostwriter, Brand Strategist, + Self-Published Author of the Poetry Book “Brave Little Bones” and we could not be any more thankful that she constantly follows the calling that God has placed on her heart.
Here are 5 take-a-ways from our interview with Kayla:
- You may be familiar with the word "copywriting" but have you ever stopped to think about what it actually is and why you would need it? Kayla shared with us that copywriting is simply any type of marketing copy that is created to sell something. Kayla also shared that, as a copywriter, it is important for her to come in and understand not only your business brand but also your core values and personality (which we LOVE). A great copywriter has the ability to relay a very strong message behind your product or services. You must not discount the POWER of words, visuals may bring potential clients to you but words are exactly what will seal the deal.
- Relationship building is KEY! Kayla used the phrase "it really is all about getting to the heart of the matter". No matter the industry you are in, it is essential that you build strong and loyal relationships with your clients. We COMPLETELY agree with Kayla on this subject, we strive to do all that we can to ensure that our clients know that we genuinely care about them. As an entrepreneur, this may be one of the best pieces of advice you can get (thanks Kayla).
- If you are in a space of wanting to create your own copy for your sites, blogs, social media etc and feeling a bit of a block, Kayla has an awesome tip. She suggest that you speak about your business out loud, she even mentions taking voice memos on your phone and speaking about your business for 5-10 mins. It allows you to share without feeling as if you have to be super polished and often times the ideas and words flow more freely as you are sharing about who you are and why you do what you do. This tangible tip can help you overcome writers block but also help you really discover what your brand voice may be.
- As an entrepreneur it is really important for you to consider "what is the lifestyle I want, what is important to me, and how can I live out my priorities". If you ask the previous question and know that the way in which you are currently operating business is not aligned with what you truly want, you may need to shift a few things. Living life and conducting business with your core values aligned is crucial. Kayla shared a story about being misaligned towards the end of 2016 and waking up one day knowing that she had to do something different. She shared a beautiful story about a conference that she hosted that allowed her to live out her core value of generosity, support an amazing charity, and help the local entrepreneur community. Don't be afraid to shift and evolve.
- SOMETIMES IN ORDER TO SCALE, YOU HAVE TO SCALE BACK. Scale with contentment and listen to what you need in this season of life and business.
Y'all, go check Kayla out!
Nonprofit Organization: mission21mn.org
Mentioned at the end of the show: “Who is someone you know that we should know?”
AND if you want to see MORE amazing guests on the Soul In The Raw Podcast, we would really love for you to leave a review on ITUNES and to subscribe. Reviews are how we are able to extend our guest's voices to more listeners and they are also how we book incredible people. Send us a message at www.oliviacrystalcoaching.com to let us know who YOU want to see on the show.
To leave a review simply head to whatever iTunes device you listen to Podcast on, search for Soul In The Raw and scroll down to where it says "WRITE A REVIEW". Let us know what you think of the show. Once we get to 50 reviews we will also do a FUN FUN FUN give-a-way.
For quick Podcast, access go to www.oliviacrystalcoaching.com/podcast
As always, we love and appreciate you all so much!
Olivia & Crystal